Name Change

Name Change

NOTE: no longer offers passport expediting, but use these pages for any help they may provide you.

Note: If your passport will expire within one year, follow the passport renewal instructions instead.

To use our service, you must follow all instructions below to the letter in order to avoid delays.

Follow these steps and include this information in the package

All U.S. government forms needed to complete this process will be opened in a new browser tab/window to help you keep your place on this page. Print them, then close that tab to return here.

Step 1. Fill out, then print the U.S. government DS-5504 Name Change form linked here. You’ll need to click the “Create” button after you’ve completed it there, and then you must be printed for inclusion in this package.

Step 2. Please fill out the Passport Order Form (no longer available).

Step 3. Authorization letter (must be printed).

Step 4. Your passport, which must still be valid.

Step 5. Proof of your name change, such as: (originals only)

  • a) marriage license, or;
  • b) divorce decree, or;
  • c) court order

Step 6. Government fee – $60.00 (included in totals above)

Step 7. To have your passport expedited, you will also need proof of departure, which will be ONE of the following: