Getting a birth abroad record (birth certificate) simplified

When a child is born overseas and at least one parent was born in U.S. helps simplify the process in obtaining a copy of a Record of Birth Abroad. We are recommended by U.S. Embassies around the world as a go to company when it comes to cutting through the paperwork maze.
If at least one of the parents of the citizen born oversees was born in the United States, then we can help you get the birth certificate record from the appropriate consulate.


A record of birth abroad birth certificate can be ordered for someone born abroad only if at least one of the parents was born in the United States. 


Please follow these steps:

Step 1.  Fill out the Record of Birth Abroad Order Form below on a device suitable to print out the form correctly (usually from desktop/laptop computer) and submit it, then print the properly formatted pages with notary section at the bottom of page one.

Step 2.   Ship the following however you wish (Regular mail, FedEx or UPS) to address below:

  • The printed and notarized form you’ll fill and print below;
  • A copy of your driver’s license at 200% zoom and light enough to read;
  • Payment by check/money order or the credit card printed on the Order Form.
  • If a parent is requesting for an Adult child with no valid ID follow instructions below and submit additional form.
  • Then, you’ll be sending those to us.

Ship Package to:
1143 N. Madison St.
Lafayette OR 97127
Tel. (800) 856-2526

If a parent is requesting for an adult child (a person 18 and up that doesn’t have valid ID):
You’ll need a notarized note from the adult child on a separate page indicating they want their parent to request a certificate for them. Open this form (in new window/tab)
You’ll only need to use this form if the child is over 18 years old

  • Consular Reports of Birth are available for countries around the world.
  • It is not a consulat request, but rather, a U.S. Birth Certificate may be available for persons born in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Panama Canal Zone (before Oct. 1,1979), the Philippines (before July 4, 1946), American Somoa, Guam, Swaims Island, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands or the former U.S. Territories of the Pacific Islands, because these areas are or were considered part of the United States. Birth Certificates for these areas must be expedited from their respective offices We can expedite birth certificates for these U.S. Territories. Find your territory in the regular Birth Certificate section of this site or if not, contact us for further help.
  • Begin the process and choose your state/territory in the state of birth drop down (Consular Vital Records form) for additional information. If your birth location is not listed, e-mail/call us for more information. We process other territories on a case-by-case basis.
  • We are a private company that can help you get a Record of Birth Abroad for you in most cases 6-10 weeks. Unlike passport agencies, which receive all of the documentation needed from the applicant, most consular vital records must be retrieved from off site repositories, including the National Archives.
  • You will receive an email with a FedEx return tracking number so you can watch for your returning certificate.
  • Since the time required to retrieve these records varies significantly based upon the type of record and date of occurrence, it is impossible to give a definite turnaround time.
  • However, all requests automatically get expedited service, but there is no way to reduce the retrieval time.
  • The Record of Birth Abroad that you will get can be used to get a Passport or as proof of citizenship. A Consular Report of Birth Abroad can be issued as an official record of the child’s claim to U.S. citizenship.
  • You may request multiple copies of this document at any time.
  • We don’t create, amend or change birth records we only help you retrieve existing records.

Once the order shipment is received by our office, it can’t be cancelled. Payment may be made by credit card online or by check or money order. We may call you to verify info to help get it through the system accurately. Average time to receive your certificate is 6-14 weeks.

Notarized signature will be required

Fill out and print this form from a desktop / laptop computer.
You need to print pages for the order because your signature must be notarized.

Print the order form when completed